Phone: +49 241 80 23614
Fax: +49 241 80 22575
VAT Identification Number in accordance with §27 a VAT Tax Act: DE153211913
Court of jurisdiction
HRB Nr. 4824
Markus Meurer, M.Sc. RWTH
Phone +49 241 80-28040
Fax +49 241 80-22359
Dr. Kirstin Marso-Walbeck
Copyright © by
All rights reserved.
All copyright for this Web site are owned in full by the WZLforum gGmbH.
Permission is granted to download or print material published on this site for personal use only. Its use for any other purpose, and in particular its commercial use or distribution, are strictly forbidden in the absence of prior written approval.
Notwithstanding this requirement, material may be downloaded or printed for use in connection with press reports on the activities of WZLforum gGmbH, on condition that the following terms are complied with:
No alterations may be made to pictorial content, with the exception of framing modifications to emphasize the central motif. The source must be quoted and two free reference copies must be sent to the above-mentioned address. Such usage is free of charge.
We cannot assume any liability for the content of external pages. Solely the operators of those linked pages are responsible for their content.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that the content of this Web site is kept up to date, and that it is accurate and complete. Nevertheless, the possibility of errors cannot be entirely ruled out. We do not give any warranty in respect of the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of material published on this Web site, and disclaim all liability for (material or non-material) loss or damage incurred by third parties arising from the use of content obtained from the Web site.
Registered trademarks and proprietary names, and copyrighted text and images, are not generally indicated as such on our Web pages. But the absence of such indications in no way implies that these names, images or text belong to the public domain in the context of trademark or copyright law.
General terms and conditions
This data protection information informs you about the processing of your personal data which we process in connection with your participation in the Aachen Machine Tool Colloquium AWK’20 (hereinafter referred to as “event”). Your personal data will be processed in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations.
According to Art. 4 No. 1 of the Basic Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), personal data is all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. the name and contact details of the data controller and of the company data protection officer
Responsible in the sense of art. 4 no. 7 DSGVO is:
Telefon: +49 241 80 236 14
Fax: +49 241 80 22575
2. Processing of personal data and purposes of processing
a) event registration
Within the scope of registration for the event, we collect the following mandatory information:
- Salutation, title, surname, first name,
- If applicable, payment data, depending on the payment method you have selected (for example, credit card data, bank details),
- Tax ID, if applicable, for company headquarters abroad
- Telephone number, mobile number and fax number and
- E-mail address.
The processing of mandatory data is carried out in order to identify you as a participant in the event, to check the plausibility of the data entered, to reserve a place and to justify or implement the contract for participation with you.
We also need your data in order to create name tags and participation lists for other participants and to provide you with information about the event before, during and after the event. This is done in order to ensure optimal participation for you and to enable us to plan and guarantee a smooth process.
We need the payment data to settle the participation fee.
In addition, further information, such as the assignment to specialist sessions and the indication of accompanying persons, can be made voluntarily. The provision of voluntary data enables us to plan and carry out the event according to your interests.
The data processing is carried out at your request and is required according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b DSGVO for the stated purposes for the fulfilment of the participant contract and for the implementation of pre-contractual measures.
We only use your e-mail address to inform you about similar events of ours in the future if you have expressly consented to such use or if we have informed you of this separately when collecting your e-mail address and have pointed out your right to object to this use at any time. If this use is not based on consent, processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. We have a legitimate interest in informing our participants of further events organised by us.
The personal data collected by us for the event will be stored until the end of the regular limitation period of 3 years after the end of the year in which the event took place and deleted afterwards. In the case of free events, we delete the personal data collected by us no later than six months after the event has taken place. A storage beyond the period indicated in each case takes place only, so far:
- we are obligated to a longer storage according to article 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. c DSGVO due to legal storage and documentation obligations (above all § 147 AO). In this case, the data will only be stored to the extent required by the retention obligation.
- you have consented to further storage pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO.
- we will use your e-mail address to inform you about future events by e-mail under the conditions of § 7 Abs. 3 UWG. In this case we store your e-mail address and your first and last name until you object to processing for this purpose.
Within the scope of event registration via our web forms, we work with the Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL) of RWTH Aachen University, Campus-Boulevard 30, 52074 Aachen (“WZL”). The purpose of the cooperation is the professional administration of online registrations. For this purpose, the entered data is stored on the servers of WZLforum and the WZL of RWTH Aachen University in Germany.
If you register via an online form on our website, please also note our data protection information available at [https://www.awk-aachen.com/datenschutz/], in which you are informed about which data is already collected and processed when you visit our website.
b) Registration for the newsletter during the event
During the event, you will have the opportunity to register to receive our regular newsletter. You can do this either online, as part of the registration for the event or directly at the event itself, by entering the e-mail address on a form provided for this purpose.
You will then receive a registration notification, which you must confirm in order to receive the newsletter (so-called double opt-in). This serves as proof that the registration was actually initiated by you.
We will only send you the newsletter if you have expressly consented to it in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
You can unsubscribe at any time, e.g. via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your cancellation request at any time to email@example.com by e-mail.
Your e-mail address will be deleted from the distribution list immediately after you revoke your consent to receive the newsletter unless you have consented to further storage in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a DSGVO or this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO.
c) Image and video recording
To document the event pictorially photos and videos are made. It cannot be ruled out that you may be identified directly or indirectly on the recordings, so that this is personal data.
The recordings will be used for news in direct connection with the event, for internal reporting and to promote future conferences at WZlforum and WZL of RWTH Aachen University.
In addition, the recordings are published on our media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or our websites as well as our print media. This processing is particularly necessary in order to document and advertise our event.
Data processing is based on Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The purposes referred to are legitimate interests within the meaning of that provision.
3. Disclosure of data to third parties
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
a) To the contract handling
Insofar as this is legally permissible and necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b DSGVO, your personal data will be passed on to third parties.
b) For other purposes
In addition, we will only disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO or
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO.
4. rights concerned
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. The consequence of this is that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if it has not been collected from us, as well as the existence of an automated decision making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, unless processing is necessary for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for fulfilling a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you refuse its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our association’s headquarters.
Registrations will be considered in the order in which they are received. The following cancellation conditions apply:
– We reserve the right to cancel the face-to-face event for reasons beyond our control. In this case, you have the option of canceling your participation free of charge or rebooking for the digital event.
– You have the right to cancel your digital participation. If the cancellation is made up to one week before the event (September 15, 2021), a handling fee of 100,- EUR will be charged. In case of a later cancellation, the full fee will be charged.
– If you cancel your attendance in Aachen up to three weeks before the event (September 1, 2021), a handling fee of 250,- EUR will be charged. In case of a later cancellation, the full fee will be charged.
– Until August 18, 2021, you have the possibility to change your attendance in Aachen to a digital attendance free of charge.
– A rebooking of the digital participation to a presence participation in Aachen is possible free of charge until August 18, 2021. Please note the limited availability of the contingent.
– In case of cancellation of a presence participation due to official travel restrictions (by the state/municipality), a cancellation free of charge is possible until August 18, 2021.
– After rebooking the attendance participation in Aachen to a digital participation, a free cancellation is no longer possible.
The AWK’21 will take place in the congress center Eurogress of the city of Aachen, under the hygiene regulations prescribed at this time by the state of NRW and the city region of Aachen. For this reason, we reserve the right to exclude persons suspected of having or showing symptoms of Covid-19 infection from the event. Likewise, we reserve the right to test all participants for elevated body temperature and/or perform a Covid-19 rapid test prior to admission to the event premises. Depending on the results, the participant may be excluded from the event. Please refrain from traveling to Aachen if you feel ill or if a Covid-19 infection is suspected.
Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without stating a particular situation.
If you wish to make use of your right of objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.