General Terms and Conditions
General terms and conditions
AWK-Verein Aachener Werkzeugmaschinen-Kolloquium is the trade show organizer in charge of AWK Aachener Werkzeugmaschinen-Kolloquium. The contracting party intends to participate in the event as a participant.
1. General: The event will take place with an industrial exhibition accompanying the conference as determined by the organizer. The event will take place on the dates and in the premises specified in the registration documents. The general technical regulations of the event hall apply. The organizer is represented by WZLforum gGmbH at RWTH Aachen University.
3.Conclusion of contract: The contract is concluded upon acceptance of the participant’s offer by the organizer. The participant will receive a confirmation of this in text form. Any general terms and conditions of the participant that deviate from these General Terms and Conditions shall not apply unless they have been expressly confirmed in writing by the organizer.
4. The participation fee is per person and event date plus statutory value-added tax. It includes documentation, lunch and beverages during breaks. The organizer reserves the right to replace announced speakers with others and to make necessary changes to the event program while maintaining the overall character of the event. If the event cannot be held due to force majeure or for an important reason (e.g. due to illness of the speaker or due to insufficient number of participants), the participants will be informed immediately. In this case, the participation fee will be refunded. A claim for compensation of travel and accommodation costs as well as loss of work is excluded, unless such costs arise due to grossly negligent behavior on the part of the organizer. The organizer undertakes to do everything reasonable to contribute to the elimination or limitation of any disruptions in performance that may occur.
5. Terms of payment: The participant is obliged to transfer the participation amount by the date indicated on the invoice at the latest. If the invoice is not paid or not paid in full, the organizer is entitled to deny the participant access to the event. In the event of late payment, interest on arrears shall be payable at a rate of 2 percentage points above the respective base interest rate.
6. Cancellation: Cancellation of the registration is possible up to 3 weeks before the beginning of the event. For the cancellation the organizer will charge a handling fee (€ 250,- VAT). The cancellation must be made in writing to: WZLforum gGmbH, Steinbachstr. 25, 52074 Aachen. In case of cancellation of the registration at a later date or in case of no-show, the organizer will charge the full participation fee.
7. Copyright: The documentation is protected by copyright. Reproduction, distribution or other use of the documentation materials is only permitted with the express written consent of the organizer.
8. In accordance with DSGVO, Article 6, paragraph 1, the data listed during registration will be processed for the purpose of implementing the contractual relationship and billing.
9. Final provisions: These general terms and conditions shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Verbal collateral agreements and supplements at the time of the conclusion of the contract do not exist. Subsidiary agreements, amendments or supplements must be made in text form to be effective.
The place of jurisdiction for disputes arising from the contractual relationship is Aachen.
Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become void or ineffective in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. Any provisions of these General Terms and Conditions that are not included or are invalid shall be replaced by the statutory provisions. If a legal provision is not available in the respective individual case, the parties shall enter into negotiations to replace the non-included or invalid provisions with a valid provision that comes as close as possible to the invalid provision.
Aachen, September 2022
Your registration data will be processed by our partner, WZLforum gGmbH, in accordance with the following requirements:
WZLforum gGmbH is aware that the protection of your privacy when using our websites is important to you. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Therefore, we want you to know when we store which data and how we use it. We would therefore like to inform you about our data protection measures with this data protection declaration.
Collection of data
In principle, you can use our online presentation without disclosing your personal data. By accessing our website, data is stored on our servers for backup purposes, such as the name of your internet service provider, the website from which you visit us, the websites you visit on our site and your IP address. This data would possibly allow identification, however, no personal exploitation takes place in this respect. They can be evaluated for statistical purposes, but the individual user remains anonymous. Where data is passed on to external service providers, we have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure that data protection regulations are observed.
Collection and processing of personal data
Personal data is only collected if you provide it to us voluntarily, e.g. in the course of registration, by filling in forms or sending e-mails, in the course of ordering products or services, making inquiries or requesting material.
The database and its contents remain with our company and our provider. Your personal data will not be made available to third parties in any form by us or by persons authorized by us, unless we have your consent or an official order to do so.
Purpose of use
We will only use the personal data we collect from you to provide you with the information you request or for other purposes for which you have given your consent, unless otherwise required by law.
Right of access and rectification
You have the right to review and correct any personal data we hold about you if you believe it is out of date or inaccurate. To do this, simply send an e-mail to the e-mail address given in the imprint or to the data protection officer (for address and e-mail address, see below).
Right of revocation
You are entitled to revoke your consent to the use of personal data at any time with effect for the future. For this purpose, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to the e-mail address given in the imprint.
Storage of data (data retention)
We store personal data for as long as is necessary to perform a service that you have requested or for which you have given your consent, unless otherwise required by law, such as in the case of ongoing legal proceedings.
In some areas of the website, so-called cookies are used in order to provide you with our services in a more individualized manner. Cookies are identifiers that a web server can send to your computer to identify it for the duration of your visit. Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, you can also deactivate the storage of cookies or set your browser to inform you about the placement of cookies.
Reach measurement with Matomo
Within the scope of Matomo’s reach analysis, the following data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. DSGVO), the following data is processed: the browser type and version you use, the operating system you use, your country of origin, the date and time of the server request, the number of visits, the time you spend on the website and the external links you click. The IP address of users is anonymized before it is stored.
Users can object to the anonymized data collection by the Matomo program at any time with future effect by clicking on the link below. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie will be stored in their browser, with the result that Matomo will no longer collect any session data. However, if users delete their cookies, this has the consequence that the opt-out cookie is also deleted and must therefore be reactivated by the users.
The logs containing user data are deleted after 6 months at the latest.
WZLforum gGmbH uses technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data you have made available from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. In the case of collection and processing of personal data, the information is transmitted in unencrypted form. Our security measures are continuously revised in accordance with technological developments.